Monday 19 November 2012

AGAIN! IT IS A BABY GIRL



VILLAGE HERO
I do not know how to break this news to you. I was crestfallen when i received them and for the first time i wish that the land i was standing on would crack and swallow me alive, i could not withstand the news. After nine rambunctious months, a dark cloud spread in my compound after Sese, our family 'doctor' spilled the beans to the awaiting invited visitors from the neighboring villages. Abby, my acting 'small' wife, had given birth to a girl once again contrary to what Sese had assured me. Hell broke loose. I became furious upon realizing that she played me into believing me that the baby that Abby was carrying was a boy. Would Abby be complacent to this ploy that was well engineered? Was she worried that i would kick her out after realizing that she was to give birth to a girl once again after nine attempts of getting a 'metal'? I joined other men who had gathered in my well furnished sitting room in condemning 'our' women. I agreed with them that our women were out to frustrate us by intentionally giving birth to girls.
 Well, you can agree with me now that i want to go fishing once again. This is war. I will not relent until i get a 'metal'. I am tired of having weak images in my compound. When will i ever take my child to school? Although some 'wazungus' came to my compound to preach to me to take my girls to school, i consider that a waste of money.
Besides, women are a source of wealth. Like do you remember the time when i decided to marry off my first wife's daughter for five cows? Although i married her off late, at 16, i still have to say that her body did not like food, that is why she refused to grow. At, 13, the average age for marrying off my daughters, she was very tiny and lacked bones to even carry firewood. That is why my girls are on a compulsory diet. Salome, my first wife, has prepared a timetable to ensure that Ugali and Cassava are factored in the daily diet. You see, my doctor,Sese had identified Cassava and Ugali as magic feed. She even said that if Cassava is well administered to my girls, then i can marry off them as early as 11 years of age. That will expand my empire and wealth. Who will refuse such mouth watering deal. So in my house, Cassava is not only a mandatory but also taken seriously and in large amounts.Discipline will befall any mother who does not give Cassava to my girls. You all know how disciplinarian i am. Remember, Nyatichi? Yes, the woman who succumbed to injuries after i gave her terrible beatings. That is how serious i can be.
Well, Abby, with immediate effect has ceased to be my preferred queen. She no longer holds the privileges i used to give her. Like sleeping in her hut thrice a week. Not even Salome has ever reached that record. I cut the days to one, as a sign of disciplining her for not giving me a baby boy. Although she has promised that she will give birth to a baby boy during her next pregnancy slated for next month, i am not well convinced that she can manage considering the fact that her house is adjacent to the river,meaning that bad air has befallen her. She is cursed. Just like my other wives.
So i held an impromptu meeting with Sese on Friday and she drew a plan.A plan that would ensure that my next wife becomes heavy of a boy. First things first, she advised me, her and the wife i will marry next to travel to Loliondo for anointment. You see by getting the magical ointment from that Loliondo man, people like Sitayi will not be able to shake me with their cheap 'juju'. Mine will outmatch theirs. Although Sese told me that she has other strong medicines to counter the ones from my enemies, she advised we travel to Tanzania to supplement what she already has.
Well, you might be wondering who is this next wife. Do you remember Oriaro, yes, the friend from Nairobi.He connected me to his neighbors lady who helps in house chores. I know, conflict will be spurred in Maji Mafupi especially among my wives. I cannot explain what Sitayi will think about it. Anyway, as you know, the world is changing so fast.Like a prominent person, i should also embrace change. That is why i opted for the lady who knows Swahili. She cannot only fluently communicate in Swahili but also broken English. According to people privy to her private life, she left school in class seven. You see, her education record is unmatched. People always perceived Abigael as the most clever but they will be in for a rude shock when i will introduce the new flower in town. The fertile lady in town. Jemima. 
I do not intend to create a celebration, like before.Sese advised me that evil eyes would be watching closely to throw their illi motive air to my Jemima to render her infertile for 'metals'
I nearly kicked some lady who pretends to be school going that men are the ones who determine the sex of a child. How is that possible for heavenly sake? You see, enemies of development will always discourage you from marrying many wives. But that is a sign of wealth.You also create respect. 
As we plan to travel to Loliondo, it is my hope that Jemima will give birth to boys. I know she will.Sese has assured me. By the way, do you know that it was Sitayi's witchcraft that changed what Abby was carrying into a girl. Up to recently Sese knew it was a girl but a last minute Sitayi's medicine changed everything. Anyway, all is not lost.Am still young and Jemima has come at a better moment. As we plan to travel to Loliondo, i am kindly asking you guys to advise me on the shortest route to Loliondo. What i need to carry for this journey. How many nights we will spend along the way? 

If you have any information, kindly contact me via: @Bornmaina or samuelmainaborn@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment